Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tie me up!

I haven't made a resist warp in a while and well, this seems the time to do just that. I have used tencel, rayon, mercerized and unmercerized cotton in the warp- all undyed and a couple have been bleached. I have tied off a design that uses two short stripes ending in  resist areas, and one long stripe ending in resist areas. I am thinking of a nice charcoal so I can play with the wefts - I should have enough for four scarves.
Here is a photo of the tied threads. As soon as I take the tape off I'll decide if I over-dye the whole thing or leave the white. Part of me is still entertaining the idea of stenciling or block printing on the white areas. Of course, if I leave the white IO can always paint and print anyway... decisions to be made!

No comments: